Through Esperanza we declare a need for alignment of what is essential for a thriving and vibrant Latinx/e community. Nuestra Cultura de Salud asserts the importance of building hope, esperanza, and targeted interventions to improve the long-term health of our Latinx/e community in Dane County and beyond.
At Centro Hispano, our efforts include:
- “Momentos de Esperanza” mental health literacy campaign
- Latinx/e Leadership development that stimulates youth and adult voice and activism
- Mental wellbeing of Centro and community staff
- Transformative evaluation of community programming
- Building bridges across systems in the city, county, and state
At the School of Education, Esperanza seeks to:
- Recruit and train heritage and other Spanish-speaking students
- Provide linguistically, culturally, and situationally appropriate services in Madison and Dane County
- Approach the provision of psychological services through interdisciplinary, anti-racist and decolonization frameworks
- Develop research and innovation to serve the Latinx/e community
In the Community, Esperanza:
- Advocates with and for the Latinx/e community
- Partners with other community members for program development
See a list of current projects and Our Work // Vea una lista de nuestros proyectos y Nuestro Trabajo.
We have adopted multiple guiding frameworks that inspire how and where we see our work including Adames & Chávez-Dueñas (2019) No Health Without Mental Health & Systemic Change, Healthy People 2020, and the WHO Social Determinants of Health Conceptual Framework (2010):
Reciprocity with Our Communities // Reciprocidad con Nuestras Comunidades
Have you benefitted from plant medicine and want to give back? Are you interested in making a difference by supporting ancestral work and Indigenous practices? Please join us in supporting the initial stages of the Ancestral Cacao Reclamation Project. Every donation makes a difference! Please share with your network!
GO FUND ME DONATION PAGE, click here.